- Thin twigs of various lengths
- A dozen roses
- Large glass vase
- White spray paint
- Hot pink spray paint
- Newspaper or drop cloth
- Gather a bundle of tall, thin twigs from your local floral supply store or get the kids involved and see who can find the most twigs in the back yard!
- In order to get the most vibrant color on the dark sticks, prime them with a coat of white spray paint first. Be sure to work in a well-ventilated area and to use a drop cloth or newspaper.
- After the primer has dried, spray the twigs with pink spray paint.
- Cut the stem roses so that an inch is remaining below the flower.
- Spear the rose onto the end of the twig. If the twig is too wide, simply whittle down the tip with a scissors.
- Place the twigs in large vases and arrange on tabletop.