- 3 small parsnips, ends removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- Garlic powder
- Oil, for frying
- Fill a saucepan with 2’’ of oil and heat to 350º F.
- Half each parsnips and then cut each half into thirds. Toss with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each parsnip piece in prosciutto, coat with the egg wash, and then roll in sesame seeds.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and carefully place into the oil, cooking only a few at a time so not to lower the temperature of the oil. Each batch will need to cook for about 10 minutes, but you can check for doneness by inserting a paring knife into the parsnip, when it inserts with little to no resistance, they are ready.