- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage
- 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the ingredients for the poppers and divide into balls, about 2 tablespoons in each ball.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to come up the side of the pan about ¼ inch.
- In batches, fry the poppers, turning once.
- Combine the ingredients for the dip and serve along side the poppers.