Are your kids overloaded with sugar? It can happen pretty easily around Easter time, when that darn bunny drops off chocolate egg after chocolate egg! If you’d like to cut down the candy intake or add something besides sweets to the Easter baskets this year, make some easy homemade Easter Egg Chalk (via Skip to my Lou). If your house is anything like mine, I know you have a few plastic eggs hanging around…
What you’ll need…
- Plaster of Paris
- Tempera Paint
- Petroleum Jelly
- Plastic Easter eggs
- Disposable cups
- Disposable spoons or wooden craft sticks
- Egg Carton
1. Spread petroleum jelly on the inside of the plastic eggs. Place each half of the egg in carton.
2. In one of the disposable cups, mix 1/2 cup Plaster of Paris with 1/4 cup water. Mix in about 1 teaspoon of tempera paint. Repeat for all the colors you will use.
3. Pour mixture into each egg half. (Hint: Throw away any remaining Plaster of Paris mixture- do not pour down sink!)
4. Allow mixture to set for about 5 minutes until think enough to put the eggs halves together.
5. Bring together two halves to close plastic egg. Tap egg on hard surface to get plaster halves to set together.
6. Let eggs sit overnight. Pry open plastic egg and enjoy!
Have a fabulous weekend! Let me know what projects and recipes you’re trying this Saturday and Sunday right here…